Vastfontein Batho Pele Christian School
Uplifting your child through education. We raise, educate and equip the next generation of leaders that can transform South Africa.
Raise a Leader
Realise a Dream
School Terms for 2023
Batho Pele Christian Schools are part of Vastfontein Community Transformation (NPC), it is governed by a board of directors who appoints a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who is responsible for the Organisation as a whole which includes the Schools, Wellness Centre, Skills Development and Training and Church activities as well as all support services.
Mathilda Fourie is the current CEO of Vastfontein Community Transformation and is responsible for the spiritual formation of the management teams and staff as well as the sustainability, risk and governance of the organisation.
School Management and Governing
The School Management teams report to the CEO. The schools have principals with deputies and heads of grades to ensure the smooth running of the school and their focus is on academic excellence and spiritual formation as well as maintaining discipline The administration and finance teams report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) who is responsible for all administration, financial management and accounting as well as the wellness centre, facilities, technical support and maintenance.
The wellness centre includes a fortnightly mobile clinic, counsellor, social worker, remedial teacher and pastoral support.
The school fees are reviewed annually by the management team and the SGB. Recommended school fees are approved by the board of directors of Vastfontein.
- ECD: R 16 500 per annum and can be paid off over 11 months (January to November) at R1500 per month & R500 non-refundable application fee
- Primary School: R 16 500 per annum and can be paid off over 11 months (January to November) at R1500 per month & R500 non-refundable application fee
- Secondary School: R 24 200 per annum and can be paid off over 11 months (January to November) at R2200 per month & R500 non-refundable application fee
We do not provide school transport. Parents privately contract transport from Hammanskraal, Rooiwal, Pyramid and the local areas surrounding Vastfontein.
Summer and winter school hours are as follows:
- 07:30 to 14:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- 07:30 to 15:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and includes sport and cultural activities as well as extra classes.
- 07:30 to 13:30 on Fridays.
All branded schoolwear can be purchased from SilverCross Schollwear situated at 248 Eeufees street, Pretoria North
- ECD: Own clothes and Denim pants or skirts with a surf blue branded golf shirt and tekkies for special days and outings
- Primary School: Denim pants or skirts with a red branded golf shirt and black tekkies or school shoes.
- Secondary School: Grey school pants / skirt; branded white button shirt with collar; school branded tie and pullover (Optional: black school blazer) black school shoes and grey socks.
- Winter: Black school blazer or grey school jersey’s or branded fleece jackets.
Our holistic approach
Supporting families and providing workshops to enhance family relationships and parenting skills
Providing counselling and psychological assessment and support.
An Occupation Therapists assist with the physical development of our learners while our wellness centres ensuring our learners have food to eat, access to medical care and appropriate clothing and shelter.
Supporting families in skills development and encouraging small business development opportunities for parents and family members.
Education and training.
Instilling a Biblical worldview and teaching sound doctrine supporting our faith statement.
Our onsite social worker supports families with advice and social services.
Breaking the Mold
By moving away from traditional teaching methods to 21 st Century education learners are taught Critical Thinking skills, given the opportunity to be Creative, taught how to Collaborate with others and given the confidence to Communicate well. Read more about this in our primary and secondary school brochures.
Seeing our learners as a holistic person in need of more than just education help us grow young leaders with dignity and self-esteem. Through this approach we recognise that everyone is different. It is our responsibility to identify the potential of each learner and provide them with the means to realise it to the fullest
By identifying and nurturing each one’s individual potential and God-given gifting, we help our learners to dream about a better future in South Africa and give them the ability to see how it can be realised.
For more information, please email us